Field Service Engineer, Massachusetts
Department: Field Service Engineer
Reports To: Head of Global Customer Support Service
Position Scope: Full-Time
XACT Robotics is a rapidly growing medical robotics startup company. Our technology is designed to be compatible with a broad range of imaging modalities, capable of delivering various instruments to a desired target for a wide range of clinical applications and indications.
Working at XACT Robotics allows you to exercise your creativity. We encourage our employees to develop themselves, grow their careers and execute meaningful technologies that make an impact on the lives of patients.
If you have passion, drive, and a winning spirit, don`t miss this opportunity.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) provides a high level of service to customers, supports the systems and equipment in the field (i.e., installation, repair, service, maintenance, and/or enhancement of hardware and software products).
This role requires strong technical skills (HW and SW), the ability to work independently and with cross functional teams: Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Engineering, Product Management, R&D, RA/QA, etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-directed individual who will thrive in a fast start-up environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Installation and maintenance of company systems in a timely manner, by using relevant documentation (maintains installation and service reports).
- Performs system repairs, maintenance, and troubleshooting on systems both in the field and in-house.
- Performs upgrades, modifications, and repairs as needed.
- Responds to technical issues arising from the field (customers, sales representatives etc.) in a responsible and timely manner.
- Communicates all feedback from the field (customers’ concerns, repairs, improvements requests etc.).
- Performs quality control testing on new and refurbished systems.
- Assists in Lab equipment maintenance.
- Manages assigned projects independently with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for all relevant administrative paperwork and reports.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Practical technical engineer and a minimum of 10 years of multidisciplinary medical system support, field service repair, and system-level electrical/mechanical/software troubleshooting.
- Possess the ability to work independently.
- Deep knowledge of computer hardware, Driver installation, windows installation, Windows operating systems, networking and software – a must
- Prior experience with robotics equipment – an advantage.
- Computer literacy is required (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Must be able to work remotely and travel to customer sites.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and evidence of insurance / insurability.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Must be comfortable working in a hospital environment (CT room, OR)
- Must be able to communicate with customers, managers, and supervisors effectively.
- Ability to work off-shift which might be constrained by customer needs.
- Must be skillful with working tools.
- Required to perform mechanical operations which require arm force and delicate operations.
- Required to lift medium/heavy system components for service and repair.
*Employees are regularly required to be independently mobile, and interact with a computer.
It is the policy of XACT Robotics to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, XACT Robotics will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Descriptors within are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.