Job Title: VP R&D
Reports To: CEO
Position Scope: Full time – Vice President level
Salary Range: TBD
The VP R&D will be a part of a dynamic innovative development team. This role will be leading and management a multiple and diversified development teams (15+ employees) in a fast-growing multidisciplinary medical device company
- Management of multiple R&D teams (15+ employees) in a fast-growing multidisciplinary medical device company
- Development of R&D goals and plans for current and future products/features, including contents, resources, schedule and budget
- Directing and supervising the R&D teams throughout the entire product development lifecycle – requirements, design, V&V, transfer to production, etc.
- Providing technical leadership in the core technology of the company
- Review of future technologies and features to improve the product
- Part of the management team of the company – contribute to the company long-term planning of goals, budget, resources, organizational structure and procedures, etc.
- Collaborate with the Medical and the Scientific Advisory Boards of the company
- Collaborate with and support other XACT’s departments – operations, RA/QA, clinical, marketing and sales, HR, etc.
- Participate in communications with investors and potential partners
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Sc. in software/electrical/mechanical engineering from a known university
- 5+ years of experience in managing multiple R&D teams (15+ employees) in a multidisciplinary medical device company
- Experience in medical robotic and/or image guidance system development
- Knowledge of the following is an advantage:
- Motion control
- Robot kinematics
- SW design and implementation
- Image processing
- Various medical imaging modalities and DICOM
- Coordinate systems and registration algorithms
- HW design
- Usability and industrial design
- Experience in RA and QA activities of medical device development, including:
- Quality Management System
- Design control
- FDA submissions
- CE audits
- Experience in transfer to production
- Team player who can lead and motivate people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure and in a very dynamic environment
- English – high level
It is the policy of XACT to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, XACT will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee assigned to this classification. Descriptors within are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.