Job Title: NPI & ME Engineer
Reports To: ENG. Team Lead
Position Scope: Full Time
Position Level: Mid-Level
About XACT Robotics:
XACT Robotics prides itself on finding the best talent, expecting extreme ownership, and maintaining a culture that is unparalleled. A career at XACT Robotics is more than a job, its personal. Employees have passion, drive, and a winning spirit that allow for a fast-paced environment that is effective, empowering and fun.
The NPI & ME Engineer will be responsible for delivering high-quality products to our customers. Lead and implement the “New Product Introduction” program. Redesign existing products, improve and implement processes and tools in the production line. Develop and Manage process troubleshooting. Address and solve design issues that impact product performance and the production line. Support all operational teams (MFG, QC/QA, SC, Service, etc.) and improve production and efficiency.
- Design for manufacturability – Improve product yields, reduce cycle times, design for lower cost (Cost reduction), etc
- Analyze, diagnose, and debug complex issues
- Develop and implement work instructions, ATP, packaging instructions, etc
- Develop, define, and implement manufacturing processes and mechanical tools into the production line
- Update and create drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Support and use operating ERP software
- Manage electrical NPI components
- Manage and support configuration control, BOM components, catalog of parts, etc
- Develop ECR, ECO, and NCR/CAPA preparations
- Manage, support, and implement NPI programs to have a successful transition to production
- Manage documentation and design changes
- Address supplier’s issues such as Obsolescence, replacement components, etc
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bsc in Mechanical / Electrical engineering from a leading university
- Master’s Degree in relevant field – an advantage
- At least 5 years of experience as an NPI/ME Eng. of large-scale multidisciplinary products – Precise CNC, Plastics molds, Sheet metal
- Familiar with FDA QMS and ISO13485 requirements – – an advantage
- Experience in design for manufacturability
- Experience in production and manufacturing processes
- Technical experience with Solidworks (MATLAB & C++ – advantage)
- Experience with Technical documentation, Mechanical design of delicate parts and assemblies, working with full turnkey contract manufacturers
- Experience from a medical company – an advantage
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-learner and independent worker
- Fluent in English
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is regularly required to be independently mobile, interact with a computer.
It is the policy of XACT Robotics to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, XACT Robotics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Descriptors within are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.