Job Title: Drafter & Technical Writer
Reports To: ENG. Team Lead
Position Scope: Full Time
Position Level: Mid-Level
About XACT Robotics:
XACT Robotics prides itself on finding the best talent, expecting extreme ownership, and maintaining a culture that is unparalleled. A career at XACT Robotics is more than a job, its personal. Employees have passion, drive, and a winning spirit that allow for a fast-paced environment that is effective, empowering and fun.
A Drafter & Technical Writer is responsible for creating 3D models of products in modeling software (Solidworks), studies drawings and schematics to develop graphics, work instructions, and technical documents.
Qualified candidates are expected to:
Distill technical information with ease and clarity.
Break down complexities and align extended team members
Develop processes easy to understand and products straightforward to use.
- Works with the Engineering Team for drawing preparation, Bill of Materials and Bill of Materials structure, workflows and other technical documentation
- Prepares technical drawings and work instructions used by production
- Implements engineering changes/improvements within CAD/SolidWorks environment and completes technical details, working from drawings, rough sketches, specifications, and engineers’ calculations
- Creates general assembly drawings
- Provides product support on the manufacturing floor and supports operational excellence initiatives such as lean manufacturing
- Manages the DMR technical documentation within systems
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience drafting with a strong understanding of electrical, electronic, and mechanical principles.
- Knowledge of Solidworks – required.
- Demonstrated experience in writing materials for a medical company.
- Familiar with FDA QMS and ISO13485 requirements.
- Assisted Engineering. team in maintaining drawing and documentation using various information systems
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-learner and independent worker
- Fluent in English
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is regularly required to be independently mobile, interact with a computer.
It is the policy of XACT Robotics to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, XACT Robotics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Descriptors within are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.