Job Title: Director of Market Development – West
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: VP Sales & Marketing
Position Scope: Full time – Director level
The Director of Market Development (DMD) will be responsible for leading and managing multiple concurrent highly complex market development strategies and activities supporting the adoption and sustainable growth of a first-in-radiology market robotic technology. Be a part of a team that its mission is to augment and empower its provider partners with innovation to democratize interventional procedures that effectively treat, efficiently restore, and improve the quality of life for the patients they serve.
This regional leadership role requires strong technical and client management skills in all areas of clinical, technical, economic consultative selling, including direct-to-consumer education outreach to drive market expansion and adoption of XACT ACE – our first proprietary robotic system.
This role requires the ability to adept at working with cross functional teams: Sales, Sales Operations, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing. Strong presentation skills. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-directed that will thrive in a fast start-up environment and possess strong interpersonal skills with multiple health system-provider types (Technologists, Physicians, Nurses, Administrators).
- Profile, develop, and manage tech market adoption in region to achieve annual operating business plan goals and objectives
- Enroll and educate Interventional Radiology (IR) Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s), Centers of Excellence, and Nurse/Technologists
- Implement best practice clinical, technical and economic consultative strategies to effectively educate providers on ease of use and adoption of XR technologies
- Provide clinical case support through adoption learning curve to ensure tech use proficiency
- Actively market and build strong, positive partnerships with physicians, technical teams, and hospital C-Suite
- Prepare Quarterly Business Review (QBR) updates and KPI report initiatives
- Develop and implement physician referral, education, and engagement strategies
- Support implementation of patient awareness, education, web and social media resources for provider partner Direct to Consumer (DTC) patient advocacy campaigns
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management system to update, monitor, and track the enrollment of target customer profiles, sales funnel processes, and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evolve collateral ensuring high impact brand messaging
- Support R&D, Regulatory, and Quality to ensure iterative product development strategies are designed to exceed the needs and Voice of Customer preferences for all stakeholders
- Maintain current competitive knowledge of existing and impending IR technology
- Develop deep understanding of IR clinical and technical challenges, act as an in-region expert for on-going corporate analysis and future technology development
- Maintain knowledge of evolving clinical bibliographies to ensure dissemination of key published evidence with partners
- Monitor and analyze local market data to support evolving commercial strategies
- Receive technical inquiries, remit product development follow-up and adhere to regulatory reportable event processes in a timely manner
- Attend clinical meetings, congresses, trade shows, remote training labs or special events
- Support other projects as assigned by Leadership
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s BA/BS Degree
- 3-4 + years of combined medical device market development experience
- Demonstrable successful track record establishing, managing and growing a new region
- Ability to create strategic-big picture market development initiatives and drive actionable results
- Experience with new to market medical device innovation (preferred)
- Proven persuasive presentation skills delivering compelling clinical value propositions and building successful partnerships with key stakeholders (physicians, nurse technicians, and health system administrators)
- Proven pedigree of scaling first-in-market transformational medical device innovations an advantage
- Disciplined, high performer who acts with authority, vision, and is accountable for results
- Understands complex niche technology consultative sales processes
- Radiology market experience (preferred)
- Reliable, passionate, energetic and ethical
- Organized, efficient and capable of multitasking
- Able to travel up to 80% of time
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is regularly required to be independently mobile, interact with a computer.
It is the policy of XACT to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, XACT will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee assigned to this classification. Descriptors within are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.