Job Title: Director of Market Development – East
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: VP Sales & Marketing
Position Scope: Full Time
Position Level: Director level
Travel: 80%, occasionally internationally
The Director of Market Development is responsible for leading and managing multiple, concurrent, complex MedTech market development strategies and activities driving the adoption and sustainable growth of a first-in-radiology hands-free robotic system.
This regional commercial leadership role requires strong client management skills with impressive clinical, technical, and economic value-driven consultative solution selling skills- including direct-to-consumer education outreach to scale market awareness of our robotic technology poised to democratize percutaneous interventional procedures.
Candidate should be adept at contributing in and with highly competent cross-functional teams (Sales, Operations, Research and Development, Quality, Regulatory, Product Management, and Marketing), possess strong presentation and interpersonal skills, is highly motivated, self-directed and thrives in a fast pace MedTech start-up.
Be a part of a team driven to augment and empower our healthcare provider partners with innovations that effectively treat, efficiently restore, and improve the quality of life for the patients we serve.
- Profile, develop and scale tech market adoption in the region to achieve annual operating business plan objectives and key results
- Enroll and educate Interventional Radiologists (IR), Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s), Radiology Physician Extenders (RPE), Radiology Technologists, Nurses, and Administrators)
- Implement best practice clinical, technical and economic consultative strategies to effectively educate providers on ease of use and adoption of XACT Robotic System
- Provide clinical case support through an adoption learning curve to ensure tech-use proficiency
- Actively market and build partnerships with physicians, technical teams, and hospital C-Suite.
- Prepare Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) that deliver efficient KPI regional performance analysis
- Develop and implement physician referral, education, and engagement strategies
- Support implementation of patient education, web and social media resources for provider partner Direct to Consumer (DTC) patient advocacy campaigns
- Periodically update Customer Relationship Management system database to monitor, and track customer engagement, metric sales funnel processes and customer enhancement campaigns
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evolve highly effective stakeholder specific collateral
- Support R&D, Regulatory, and Quality to ensure iterative product development strategies are designed to exceed the needs and voice of customer preferences
- Maintain market knowledge of existing and impending IR technologies
- Develop and command a deep understanding of IR clinical and technical challenges, act as an in-region expert for on-going market needs of existing and future technology development
- Maintain knowledge of evolving clinical bibliographies to ensure dissemination of key published evidence supports our provider partners
- Monitor and analyze local market data to support evolving commercial strategies
- Receive technical inquiries and adhere to regulatory reportable event processes in a timely manner
- Attend clinical meetings, congresses, trade shows, remote training labs or special events
- Support other projects as assigned by Leadership
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s BA/BS Degree
- 3-4 + years of medical device market development experience
- Demonstrable successful track record establishing, managing and growing a new region
- Ability to create strategic-big picture market development initiatives and drive actionable results
- Proven pedigree of scaling first-in-market transformational med-tech innovations (an advantage)
- Persuasive presentation skills delivering compelling clinical value propositions and building successful partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- A disciplined, high performer who acts with authority, vision, and is accountable for results
- Understands complex niche technology consultative sales processes
- Radiology market experience (preferred)
- Reliable, passionate, energetic and ethical
- Organized, efficient and capable of multitasking
- Able to travel up to 80% of time