Job Title: Controller
Reports To: CFO
Position Scope: Full Time
Position Level: Mid Level
Travel: From time to time
About XACT Robotics:
XACT Robotics prides itself on finding the best talent, expecting extreme ownership, and maintaining a culture that is unparalleled. A career at XACT Robotics is more than a job, its personal. Employees have passion, drive, and a winning spirit that allows for a fast-paced environment that is effective, empowering and fun.
The Controller is a highly visible leadership position reporting to the CFO.
We are looking for a Controller to join XACT Robotics’ team, who is developing breakthrough technology in the medical device market. In this role, you will be responsible for building controls and the accounting infrastructure to support the company’s rapid growth and expansion. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a successful, fast-growing company, and to work on various financial aspects such as reporting, billing, payables, general ledger closure, taxation, projections, and infrastructure.
- Participate in the monthly closure process and consolidation
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and Annual consolidated financial statements and cash flows (US GAAP)
- Collaborate with the Company’s external auditors on quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Partner with consultants and 3rd party entities to define, monitor and enforce accounting and tax policies
- Ensure detailed accounting and tax documentation is compiled and maintained in support of relevant legal, regulatory, and audit requirements
- Perform overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting, cash management, financial analysis, and other aspects of accounting management (billing, operations, tax etc.)
- Play a leadership role in building processes and improving automation, implementation, and development of company information systems (ERP/ CRM)
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and internal controls to comply with legislation and establish best practices
- Partner and provide financial support to other functions.
- Facilitate and drive accounting initiatives as well as a variety of financial analyses, special projects, and assist with ad hoc tasks as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
- CPA with previous experience at a Big 4 firm is a must
- Managerial experience in a Big 4 accounting firm is a significant advantage
- At least 2-4 years of hands-on accounting experience required
- Prior experience in high-tech industry/ start-up company considered significant advantage
- Experience in public companies reporting – an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong English skills – both oral and written
- Working knowledge of NetSuite – an advantage
- Able to conduct research and work independently
- Accurate, with great attention to details and analytical skills
- Team player
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is regularly required to be independently mobile, interact with a computer.
It is the policy of XACT Robotics to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, XACT Robotics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Descriptors within are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.