Job Title: Director of Business Development
Department: Strategic Innovations
Reports To: SVP, Strategic Innovations
Position Scope: Full Time
Position Level: Director level
Location: Hingham, MA
ABOUT XACT ROBOTICS:
XACT Robotics prides itself on finding the best talent, expecting extreme ownership, and maintaining a culture that is unparalleled. A career at XACT Robotics is more than a job, it’s personal. Employees have passion, drive, and a winning spirit that allows for a fast-paced environment that is effective, empowering and fun.
The Director of Business Development will lead the direction, development, and execution of all XACT Robotics business development efforts, including internal and external endeavors to identify, prioritize and realize new business opportunities. Be a part of a team that its mission is to augment and empower its provider partners with innovation that will democratize interventional procedures, effectively treat, efficiently restore, and improve the quality of life for the patients they serve.
Candidate requires strong organizational and presentation skills. We are looking for a team player that is adept at working with motivated, self-directed, fast paced, highly collaborative cross functional teams.
- Actively prospect for new business opportunities, create and maintain a pipeline of high-value product/business developments
- Lead the creation of all phases of the business case (market analysis, value proposition, strategic fit, economic impact, and launch) to support organizational growth
- Establish relationships and explore potential collaborations with relevant industry partners such as instrument manufacturers, pharmaceutical, imaging, digital data, etc.
- Establish and maintain contact with all current and potential stakeholders (physicians, administrators, payers, etc.) through focused visits and discussions
- Cultivate strong, long term relationships with XACT stakeholders and develop in-depth knowledge of their organization and needs
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams (product management, marketing, R&D, etc.) in the development of proposals for new product/business developments. Work closely with internal teams to define and deliver innovative, efficient, and cost-effective solutions to drive growth and profitability
- Establish and maintain in-depth understanding of the IR/IO market, anticipate the evolution of the market, and explore potential new markets
- Establish and maintain XACT’s competitive landscape; continuously monitor existing and impending image guided/navigation, robotics, and other relevant market developments
- Establish and maintain in-depth understanding of relevant health economics aspects (e.g., procedure reimbursement) and continuously explore new ways to maximize business value for XACT’s stakeholders
- Support other projects as assigned by Leadership
- Bachelor’s BA/BS Degree in Business or Health Sciences
- At least 7 years of MedTech business development experience
- Strong strategic aptitude and business acumen
- Understands complex MedTech health economics aspects (hospital administrators, insurance companies, etc.)
- Solid experience creating, implementing, and managing multiple projects.
- Experience with first-to-market medical device innovations in a start-up environment (preferred)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to present to various stakeholders
- Proven ability to articulate technical information in a clear and concise manner, both in written and verbal form
- Interventional Radiology market experience (an advantage)
- Passion for networking and updating oneself with the latest market trends and relate it to identifying business opportunities
- Self-motivated and directed, detail oriented and demonstrated ability to thrive and contribute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Disciplined, high performer who acts with authority, vision, and is accountable for results
- Reliable, passionate, energetic, and ethical
- Organized, efficient and capable of multitasking
- Experience with OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to travel up to 50% of time
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is regularly required to be independently mobile and interact with a computer.
It is the policy of XACT to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, XACT will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee assigned to this classification. Descriptors within are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.