R&D Mechanical Director
Reports To: VP R&D
Position Scope: Full-Time
XACT Robotics is a rapidly growing medical robotics startup company. Our technology is designed to be compatible with a broad range of imaging modalities, capable of delivering various instruments to a desired target for a wide range of clinical applications and indications.
Working at XACT Robotics allows you to exercise your creativity. We encourage our employees to develop themselves, grow their careers and execute meaningful technologies that make an impact on the lives of patients.
If you have passion, drive, and a winning spirit, don`t miss this opportunity.
- Manage the R&D Mechanics Team, leading complex projects of robotic engineering for performing medical procedures, expanding the existing product capabilities as well as developing a new product line and submitting for regulatory certification.
- Managing the internal interfaces with software, algorithms and AI, as well as interfaces for product managers, engineering, service, cooperate with marketing and sales for increasing demand, with QA for meeting standards and specifications and providing interface for the in-field clinical team for post-sale feedback and needed improvements.
- Manage the budgets and prepare work plans, write and approve testing documentation, innovative processes and IP registrations.
- Manage the product lifecycle using PLM system, CAD tools, analysis tools. Overall responsibility for all mechanical aspects of the product, leading related processes within the company, including interfaces and mutual work with peers from other departments.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Manage the R&D Mechanics Team (Director), reporting to the VP R&D.
- Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 – 20 years’ experience in the Medical Device industry.
- Experience with managing a team of 10 – 20 people, as well as managing sub-contractors for product development.
- Experience with working in larger corporations as well as smaller / startups, in multidisciplinary product development, combining mechanics, software and electronics.
- Experience in preparing for regulatory submissions for CE, FDA, advantage for experience with a product that is already on the market.
- Ability for structured work, building teams, managing budgets and work plans.
- Advantage for experience with plastic injection technology, as well as knowledge in precise motion and controls.
- Fluent English level is a must, both verbal and writing skills.